The objective of the RECP Demonstration Project is to assist Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) and other organizations in improving their economic and environmental performance by adopting and adapting RECP approaches and practices in their product design and production processes. To achieve this objective, we offer SMEs the following (free of charge) services:
1. Consulting services to undertake the assessment of resource efficient and cleaner production opportunities in enterprises;
2. Identifying the technology needs for resource efficient and cleaner production in the enterprises and proposing technology-based solutions by undertaking an techno-economic and environmental assessment of the proposed measures;
3. Developing technical project proposals and business plans for the RECP methodology investments and assisting with communications tools together with local and international finance institutions to obtain adequate financial resources;
4. Involving SMEs in the municipal and regional RECP Clubs and providing training for the technical staff of the SME on the RECP methodology and techniques; helping the Club member companies to develop RECP action plans;
5. Awarding SMEs with UNIDO certificates and further promoting the companies participating in the project through RECP demonstration assessments, RECP Clubs, and technology transfer components.